2007年8月3日星期五

Newton's apple hits my head:-)

I do think that Newton's apple hits my head at sometime this week. This resulted in the fancy structure of the crystal.

After several weeks' waiting, finally I got crystals, little dark crystals. I had never expected those crystals could be related to something important. But Now,THEY DID. I showed the XRD result to Prof.Pecoraro, and he told me that the structure was fancy and he had been waiting for those structures since 1989....He said: You synthesized the compound in 20 days which I've been waiting for for nearly 20 years. At that time, I realized that I did some good work. Maybe it could be a paper after some further testing, such as UV,IR...At least, I have a lot to say at the presentation at August 8th.

At last I have to say that:
The ocean of science is a boundless adventure. I have chosen one of them to be my greatest interest, and I plan to explore the mysterious world with genuine curiosity and vigor.

P.S: It is quite a pity that I have to be back in 20 days. I am sure that I can finish all the synthesis of the new system and the paper about the new system if I could have one more month...

没有评论: